Our team of natural health experts are well train to treat variety of diseases by addressing the root cause, hence eliminating the problems from its roots. Although acupuncture gained its popularity in the western world mainly for the treatment of pain, through its holistic approach, acupuncture can be used to several physical and emotional diseases and creates balance of body and mind
Some of the conditions we effectively treat include but not limited to:
- Headache & Migraine
- Acute & Chronic Pain
- Depression, Anxiety & Insomnia
- Allergies & Sinusitis
- Common Cold & Flu
- Asthma & Bronchitis
- Arthritis & Joint Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Back, Neck, Shoulder Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Hip/Leg & Sciatic Pain
- Gastro-Intestinal Disorders
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Chronic Fatigue
- Bursitis & Tendonitis Smoking
- Stroke & Paralysis
- Substance Abuse
- Liver Disease & Hepatitis
- Menstrual Disorders
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Peripheral Neuropathy
The initial consultation consists of 1-1 ½ hours during which you receive an extensive consultation and examination where we go over your health history including you current complaints and past problems, medical records, lifestyle patterns, diet, medications and other relevant health issues. We will discuss health and personality issues, emotions and mental processes, obstacles to well being, and what works and doesn’t work for you in life. In addition we use diagnostic methods of Traditional Chinese Medicine such as pulse and tongue diagnosis, palpation to determine your pattern and constitution. An acupuncture treatment is also provided during your first visit
This appointment is the most important time to discover what your goals and aspirations may be for acupuncture treatment are and how we can support you in achieving optimal wellness.
Acupuncture has been an essential part of medicine for thousands of years in the East, and in the past few years has gained more popularity in the West. Scientific studies are offering real evidence that it can ease pain and treat ailments ranging from osteoarthritis to migraine headaches to general pain.
- Acupuncture is natural, drug-free, effective, safe and without side effects – the perfect way to get well and stay healthy.
- Acupuncture works to “re-program” and restore normal functions by stimulating the body’s own capability to heal
- Acupuncture is an excellent tool for maintaining optimum health and preventing illness. It is effective for physical, psychological and emotional problems.
- Acupuncture is considered to be very safe and acupuncturists use only sterile, disposable needles. Also, acupuncturists will swab the acupuncture areas first with an antiseptic, so there is very little risk of infection. Nevertheless, it’s very important to visit a qualified practitioner; poorly sterilized needles can transmit infectious diseases.
Prior to their first treatment, many people do not believe Acupuncture can be painless. Acupuncture needles are very fine, about the size of a thick hair. They are solid, and nothing is injected or drawn through them. Therefore, they have very little in common with other types of needles you may have experienced within Western medicine. All needles are sterilized, single-use only and disposable.
This depends upon the duration, severity, and nature of your condition. The rule of thumb is generally one month of treatments for every year you have experienced the issue. For example, if you have had chronic sinus infections for two years, you could expect at least two months of treatments. Some acute conditions may require fewer treatments and some degenerative conditions may require more treatments. However, the patient has the right to expect their major complaint will be addressed and treated in a direct and timely manner.
Advanced Healing Centre can provide documentation to submit directly to your insurance provider, which in turn may reimburse you directly. Several insurance companies cover acupuncture treatment. Please contact your insurance provider to find out what types of Acupuncture services are included in your policy.
It is our goal to make natural modalities accessible to all people regardless of their financial situation. Additional payment plans are available in our office.